Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blogging and Images

'Two Bloggers, after Norman Rockwell'



I like putting pictures on my blog. Whether it is a picture of something I have created or from my camera; I think it gives the blog character and adds a bit of interest. I think all of my blogs have a picture of something on it.

I have heard of Creative Commons for a while now, but haven't done a lot with it. I am really glad that this challenge is covering Creative Commons and the proper way to add and attribute images into blogs.

How to Grow a Blog

 We are always teaching teachers and students about copyright and where to find images they can use legally. The sites that were posted will really help in giving teachers and students other places to visit for "free" images. I could not get one of the sites to change the creative commons only, so I just used the FlickrCC site.

All of the other sites I added to my Diigo list. I think I might create a webmix in Symbaloo on image sites using Creative Commons.

I went to FlickrCC site, and then I searched for images that relate to blogs. There were a lot of images that came up, but my two favorites are the two that I have used here.

I then saved the images to my computer, made sure that I copied the attributes and will paste them at the end of this blog. By clicking on the edit, on site button above the image, I could have saved the attributes as a part of the image. I really liked that about FlickrCC.

The next thing that I did was to upload one of my photos that I took when I was in San Diego a few weeks ago. We went to the zoo (loved it!) and saw the pandas. I took my picture of the panda and uploaded it to befunky. Befunky allows you to add effects to your photos.

I applied the cartoon effect to my panda and then resized it to better fit within this blog. The home page said that I could upload my photos from Picasa, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I did it the old fashioned way, went to my album on Picasa, downloaded the image to my computer and then uploaded it to befunky. If anyone knows of how I can upload it direct from Picasa, please let me know.

Original Image: 'Two Bloggers, after Norman Rockwell' by: Mike Licht

Original Image: 'How To Grow a Blog' by Konrad Glogowski
 



No comments:

Post a Comment