Thursday, May 20, 2010

SMART Exemplary Educator

I am so excited. I just learned that I am a new SMART Exemplary Educator. I have been using SMART Notebook for several years now and have done a lot of workshops for the teachers in Davie County. It is nice to finally be recognized for this. The process for completing an application was having my administrator write a letter, fill out the application, and put together a short video on delivering a lesson plan showing my knowledge of SMART Notebook and products. Everything was going along great until I got to the video portion. I can stand in front of teachers or students with no problem, but you let the record light turn red and I froze! It took me several practice sessions to not freeze in front of the camera and also to get my timing down to the required amount for the video. It all worked out, but I never thought I would have frozen in front of the camera. Guess I will need to practice speaking in front of a camera more often! Anyway, if there are any other SMART Exemplary Educator's out there, feel free to comment and let me know if you are a new SEE, or have been one for a while. Can't wait to see what's next as a SEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment